When you’re cruising your 2018 Toyota RAV4 around the streets of Nashville, Gallatin, and Madison, you deserve to have a smooth ride with no interruptions. If you’re taking advantage of the RAV4’s roomy back seat by driving your children around, you probably already have enough distractions to deal with. The last thing you need is a dashboard light turning on, as well.
Dashboard lights can only indicate another problem, right? Well, some merely indicate that one of the RAV4’s numerous features has been activated. However, there are still plenty of warning lights, too, and you need to know the difference. Learn all about the lights in your Toyota SUV by consulting our handy 2018 Toyota RAV4 dashboard light guide.
The RAV4 warning lights are the lights you need to watch out for. Usually appearing as red or yellow, these lights indicate a problem with your vehicle. Some are minor things that are easy to fix while others are a bit more difficult.
The following are some examples of warning lights…
- SRS Warning: The SRS system is your airbag system, and this light indicates it’s not working properly. The light looks like a seated passenger with a circle in front of them.
- Brake Light: This light appears simply as the word BRAKE and indicates a problem with your braking system. It could be mechanical or a fluid leak. Either way, get this addressed immediately. Having your vehicle towed is probably the safest course.
- Power Steering: This light appears as a steering wheel with an exclamation point next to it, and it means your power steering is faulty.
- Master Light: When your vehicle detects a malfunction anywhere inside, the Master Warning Light will turn on, and it looks like an exclamation point inside a triangle.
- Check Engine: You might expect the classic engine block light here, but it actually looks like an engine above the word CHECK, so you know exactly what it means.
- ABS Warning: If you see the letters ABS, then you have an issue with your anti-lock brakes. Your normal brakes could still be working fine, but your stopping power is greatly reduced.
If you see any of the following lights, don’t worry too much. These don’t indicate that anything is wrong, but rather that one of the RAV4’s features is currently in effect.
Some possible indicator lights are…
- Cruise Control: This light looks like a speedometer with an arrow pointing at the needle, and it means your cruise control is on.
- Sport Mode: When you activate Sport Mode, you should see the word SPORT illuminate on your dashboard.
- Eco Driving: Whenever you make an eco-friendly acceleration, you should see the ECO light turn on.
Service Center at Ron Hibbard Toyota
If there are any important warning lights engaged on your dashboard, then your 2018 RAV4 needs maintenance. For the best service in the Nashville, Gallatin, and Madison areas, there’s no better choice than the service center at Ron Hibbard Toyota. When you visit, you can expect quick and quality service from our highly trained service professionals.