Buying a new car is exciting. It’s also a big decision. To help drivers near Nashville, Gallatin, and Madison get prepared, get a rate that works for you, and find the Toyota that has everything you’re looking for, Ron Hibbard Toyota put this helpful New Car Buying Checklist together. Be sure to contact us today with any questions you might have!
New Car Buying Checklist
- Put a Budget Together – Knowing your how much you can afford in monthly finance payments and put aside for a down payment will help you with every step going forward. It’ll also show you which vehicles are in your price range. Check out our free payment calculator to start figuring out yours.
- Check Your Credit – Any finance department will look at both your credit score and credit history. It’s a good idea to check yours before applying for an auto loan. You can see all your information for free on reliable websites like Experian and Credit Karma.
- Improve Your Credit – It’s ok if you have less than perfect credit. You can always consider getting a cosigner for an auto loan or take some steps to improve it by paying off any debts or loans you have and not making any big purchases for a while.
- Search Our Inventory – Our Toyota dealership has a large selection of new vehicles to choose from. You’ll find stylish sedans like the Toyota Camry, versatile SUVs like the Toyota RAV4, and even tough trucks like the Toyota Tacoma. Once you figure out what you’re looking for, you can browse our full inventory online.
- Do Your Homework – Researching the vehicles you’re interested in is a big part of shopping for your next car. We offer a collection of both vehicle reviews and vehicle comparisons that can help you narrow down your options.
- Check New Car Specials – We always offer an exciting lineup of specials on new cars. They’re designed to help you get a great rate. They rotate frequently, so be sure to check back soon if you don’t see an offer on the car that you’re interested in.
- Consider Trading In – Another great way to save is to trade in the car you’re driving now. If you’re interested in getting rid of your used car, check out our value your trade tool. Just enter your vehicle’s information and it’ll give you an estimate.
- Schedule a Test Drive – Once you’ve found the car that you’re thinking of buying, checked for offers, and decided whether you want to trade in your car, it’s time to take a test drive. This is your chance to get behind the wheel of the vehicle you’re interested in and see how it performs firsthand.
- Apply For Financing – After the test drive, if you decide that it’s the right car for you, you’ll head over to our finance center to meet with one of our experts. They’ll review your options and help you apply for an auto loan. If you already know which car you want, you can get a head start by applying for financing online.
Visit Our Toyota Dealership
If you have any questions about our New Car Buying Checklist, contact us or visit our dealership. At Ron Hibbard Toyota, we offer lots of tools and resources to help drivers near Nashville, Gallatin, and Madison find and buy the car that’s right for you.